“During my studies at Site Institute doing the Dual Diploma of Engineering Technical and Civil Construction Design, I took part in the career development workshops that the school offers, and it helped me to shape my writing and communication skills. I got an unpaid internship in a civil engineering company based in the Gold Coast, and I am their civil drafter intern. I need to assist the principal civil engineers with their sewerage and stormwater projects.”IsaBrazil
“You need to build your opportunities, you got to master your skills, you need to be good at everything you do and because if you are studying this course to become a civil drafter you got to give 100%. Site Institute will help you, they are going to be your knowledge platform, and you will acquire all the knowledge to be that person.”NataliaBrazil
QUAL MEM50212 CRICOS 091732K
QUAL RII50515 CRICOS 095757B
Engineering Technical & Civil Construction Design
Site Institute delivers hands-on, high quality practical courses that provide students with all the skills required to become a successful professional in Australia and overseas. Students have an engaging learning environment including workshops, practical activities and the most up-to-date tools and equipment.
Engineering and Technology
Learn the fundamentals of engineering and work with technology including engineering design and analysis software, electronics and 3D printing . You will design, print, build and fly a drone; design a freeze drying system; detail structural steel components in AutoCAD and learn how to manage projects.
Civil Construction Design
Advance your technical design and drafting skills working with AutoCAD, Space gass and 12d Model on civil design projects including roads, pavement, drainage, concrete and steel structures. You will also undertake surveying activities including collecting, integrating and analysing survey data which will feed into your real world design projects.
- Students must be at least 18 years old and must have completed Australian secondary education at Year 10 or equivalent.
- Non-school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies.
- English language requirements: IELTS 5.5 (with no individual band less than 5.0) or equivalent, or Site Institute pre-admission test at Level 4.
- Eight terms. 104 weeks (two years)
- Intake dates 2021: January 25, April 19, July 12, October 4