Academic Entry Requirements

Entry requirements are different for each course. Applicants need to meet academic and English language criteria. Go to the course pages for specific entry requirements for your chosen course.

To apply for an Australian Student Visa you must meet the academic, English language and other requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). For more information visit their website for details:

The table below shows a sample of academic equivalence by country.

 CountryYear 10 EquivalentYear 12 Equivalent
Brazil-iconBRAZILYear 10 equivalent/ Ensino FundamentalCertificado/diploma de Ensino Medio
China-iconCHINADIBP requires completion of Year 11 for student visaCertificate of Graduation
Colombia-iconCOLOMBIADIBP requires completion of Year 11 for student visaBachillerato
France-iconFRANCEBrevet fundamentalsBaccalaureat / Brevet professionelles
Hong-Kong-iconHONG KONGHong Kong Certificate of Education
Senior High School – Year 1
Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE)
India-iconINDIADIBP requires completion of Year 11 for student visaAll India Senior School Certificate
Indian High School Certificate
Senior Secondary (Year 12 Examination, GCE A-Level)
Indonesia-iconINDONESIAJunior Secondary School Certificate (JTK)Senior Secondary School Certificate of Completion (ljazah/STTB SMA/STTB SMK STTB/MA)
Italy-iconITALYDiploma di scuola secondaia di primo gradoDiploma di superamento dell’esame di stato conclusive dei corsi di istruzione secondaria superiore (Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate) or Diploma liceale (Diploma of State examination)
Japan-iconJAPANCompletion of Kotogakko Year 1 Lower Secondary Leaving CertificateKotogakko Sotsugyo Shosho(Upper Secondary School Certificate)/ Shomeisho
South-Korea-iconREPUBLIC OF KOREACompletion of Senior High School Grade 1 or equivalentGeneral/Academic Senior High School Certificate
Malaysia-iconMALAYSIASijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); Senior Middle 2 or equivalent GCE O-LevelSijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) or GCE A-Level (2 passes)
Mexico-iconMEXICOCertificado de Educacion Secundaria (Certificate of
Secondary Education)
2-3 year Preparatoria or Bachillerato program
Peru-iconPERUTercer año de educación secundariaSecundaria Comun Completa
Philippines-iconPHILIPPINESDIBP requires completion of Year 11 for student visaCertificate of Graduation/ High School Diploma
Taiwan-iconTAIWANYear 10Senior High School Leaving Certificate (Diploma)
Thailand-iconTHAILANDUpper Secondary SchoolCertificate of Secondary Education
Vietnam-iconVIETNAMDIBP requires completion of Year 11 for student visa Upper Secondary Education Graduation Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Trung hoc Pho thong)